David A. Smith
David challenges, informs and entertains his audiences on many of the key issues of the near future, in order to stimulate ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking to help generate new visions, strategies, products and services.
David is the chief executive of Global Futures and Foresight (GFF). In his 30 year business career he has held senior management positions in large and small organizations. He has been involved in public sector, commercial and financial markets and has held sales, marketing and general management positions in companies such as the UK based DRG group and The US Unisys corporation. Whilst at Unisys he held the position of Strategic Marketing Director for their $2bn global financial services business. He has advised the UK and EU governments on strategic research investment decisions. Since co-founding The Global Future Forum in 2000 and now Global Futures and Foresight, he has worked with many organisations such as The Henley Management Centre, University of Tampere – Finland, Reckitt Benckiser, Bausch & Lomb, KRAFT, Heinz, SAS airlines, Siemens, CSC, Unisys, O2, Shirlaws, Reed Exhibitions, Royal Mail, LTSB, RBS, Royal&SunAlliance, West Bromwich Building Society, More Th>n and many other banks, building societies, insurance companies and industry associations such as the FSF (financial services), VMA (telecommunications), PIRA (packaging) and the AEO (Association of Exhibition Organizers) (events).
He is a regular international conference speaker and writer and a passionate believer that we are not victims of what the future might hold if we prepare ourselves in advance. He has spoken on UK BBC, Middle East TV, German and South African radio and appeared on the UK ITN News channel discussing topical futures issues. His experience has shown him the powerful impact that glimpses of the future afford business and government alike as they seek to achieve their strategic goals.
Topics David frequently speaks on include
The global drivers of change (GFF Pulse primary research 4Q 2006)
- What’s changing people
- The changing consumer
- The changing employee
- Technology drivers of change
- Organizational change
- The future of Social Networks and Online Communities (GFF Research developed June 2007)
- Our preparedness for business with China (GFF primary research 2007 launch)
- The future of the ‘Small and Medium Sized Enterprise’ (GFF primary research 2007 launch)
- The Changing shape of Business
- The Future of Financial Services
- Sustainability and environmental impact, opportunities and action
- The Future of Travel and Tourism (Middle East Specialty) (GFF research report 2007 launch)
- The innovation process
- and other topics ...
How we might respond to the drivers of change is a key component of what David delivers.
David uses views of the future developed within Global Futures and Foresight by their in-house research team, from surveying their worldwide network of over 10,000 future thinkers and business leaders.
GFF recent research includes
The GFF Pulse - views of futurists, academics and business people from 72 countries on a wide range of business impacting issues looking forward to 2011 and includes changes around consumers attitudes, business organization, trust, and the role of technology.
- The Future of Companies. A report looking at the drivers of change impacxting upon business in the next five years.
- The barriers and opportunities for small and medium sized businesses - the next five years. A global research project asking large and small organizations their views on the key issues facing them over the next five years.
- The Future of Travel and Tourism in the Middle East launched in Dubai in May 2007.
- GFF launched a report on the Challenges and opportunities for SME’s in the next five years, in February 2007 in Sydney and London, from primary research conducted in 14 countries focussing on UK, USA and Australia.
- Views of business people in 62 countries on the prospects and issues relating to doing business in China.
David has extensive experience of chairing and facilitating conferences and workshops to ensure lively discussion amongst participants to ensure the greatest value is generated from the occasion for everyone present.
David is married with four sons and a keen week-end sailor and photographer.
Tel: +44 (0) 1372 210941 / +44 (0)7932 408901
Link to Full size Image: